The Mains Switch Widget allows the user to switch 230V or 110V mains ON and OFF to mains powered devices from micro-controllers like the PIC and the Arduino or from single board computers like the Raspberry Pi and the Beaglebone. All the safety requirements are designed-in to prevent any faults resulting in a fire.
Note: This unit is designed to switch resistive and inductive loads upto 1000 Watts. If planning to switch capacitive loads, then please contact us for advise.
A plastic enclosure is supplied to prevent the user from accidentally touching the mains voltage. The user has to supply and wire in a suitable mains extension cable.
* Electrical isolation (4kV) between the control side and the mains voltage
* Protected by a 5A fuse in the product - to protect the PCB tracks from overheating if there is a fault with the load
* Cable ties to prevent the mains cable pulling out
* Protective enclosure to prevent accidental contact with mains voltage
* LED indication of ON and OFF states
* Can be configured for most parts of the world by using a suitable mains extension lead (not supplied)
Mains Switch Widget - Applications
There are many applications that require switching mains powered appliances ON and OFF. Here are some examples.
Maintaining an environment at a constant temperature:
A temperature measuring device and the Mains Switch Widget with a heater could be used in a feedback control system to maintain a constant temperature.
Keeping a water tank topped up:
A water level detector can be used to control a pump using the Mains Switch Widget to maintain constant water level in a tank.
As a module in a Home Automation system:
A Raspberry Pi could be used to switch lights, heating and ventilation using this product. With a browser interface, this could be controlled from anywhere in the world.
top of page
bottom of page